Dulan Coach Retreat provides a unique experience to experienced coaches to connect and share. The retreat speaks to the need of every person to reconnect with self and the natural world as a source of renewal. You will come back refreshed, energized and full of fresh ideas and perspective.
The theme is ONEness.
- ONEness voice
- the many ways we achieve ONEness
- ONEness and our coaching practice
One of the highlights of the retreat program is ONEness Voice.
Voice is an important and primitive tool for expression. In modern urban life, many of us have lost our connection to Nature and to our own creativity. Mia Hsieh, accompanied by Scott, both founding directors of A Moving Sound, draws from her experience with both experimental western and traditional eastern vocal styles. Through breathing practice, voice and movement games, free improvisation, world sound appreciation, and wonderful group chanting; workshop participants will have the opportunity to explore their vocal range and experience the voice’s potential to connect us all to a universal expression.
“When you open the door to your own unique voice,
the free sound and jumping notes will flow naturally
and extend you into infinite joy.”
——– A Moving Sound ———–
Who should attend?
Professional coaches. The retreat offers an inspiring atmosphere for coaches to connect, explore themes for personal growth, have plenty of fun and relaxation. The best attitude to bring is “go with the flow” and “enjoy the moment”. It is not a formal learning and content heavy experience.
- 2011.03.20 starts at 0700hr (we suggest you check in the night before)
- 2011.03.22 ends at 1200hr
- NT$12,500 (HK$3,200) per person, includes all local Taitung expenses (meals, transportation, three nights accommodation and retreat program). We can assist with arranging the train tickets for guests coming from Kaohsiung. The two-way train fare between Kaohsiung and Taitung is approximately NT1,000 (HKD250)
- Registration close on January 10, 2011
REGISTER NOW Registration is now full. For waiting list please contact email@example.com
Day 1, March 20 (Sunday)
- Retreat theme exploration: ONEness
- ONEness Voice (Finding flow through voice and movement) 身心靈合一: 身體與聲音開發
- Celebration dinner and concert
Day 2, March 21 (Monday)
- Sun salute and silent walk on the beach
- Dulan village exploration
- Retreat theme exploration: ONEness
- Sunset gratitude ritual
Day 3, March 22 (Tuesday)
- Mountain trail-walking (easy and gentle walk)
- Closing and celebration ceremony
What is special about Dulan?
Several years ago, Ming started to yearn for a special place where she could build a simple retreat. 18 months ago, having explored many places by the sea or in the mountain in Hongkong and Taipei, she stumbled upon Dulan. Described often as the back garden of Taiwan, it is sandwiched between the majestic Atolan mountain and the Pacific Ocean. It is the combination of the mountain, sea, sun, moon that lends this place its irresistible charm. This is it. Ming has found her secret garden.
Dulan is a small, peaceful coastal town located 20km north of Taitung city, on the east coast. This tiny community of Amis (Taiwan’s largest aboriginal tribe) is nestled between mountains and sea along Highway 11.
Dulan boasts awesome coastal scenery, one of the quietest stretches of beach in Taiwan, a thriving local art scene, music and aboriginal festivals.
The sunrise and moonrise in Dulan are magical. It will be full moon on March 19th so if we are lucky, we might be able to catch moon rise over the Pacific Ocean during our stay.
Palm Grove Guest House. Nestled in 25 hectares of land in the mountain, looking out to the Pacific Ocean, the guesthouse provides a most natural setting ideal for a retreat. There are palm groves, trails, ponds, and plenty of outdoor space.
Accommodation is on twin-share basis, with most rooms having en-suite bathroom. There are a few rooms (they are in 3- or 6-room bungalows) that will share bathrooms.
Rooms are air-conditioned, clean with basic amenities. We hope you will take advantage of the beautiful surrounding outside and not spend too much time indoor.
Maximum participants: 18 persons.